Did you know that in Switzerland women earn 15% less than men?
The Business & Professional Women’s group (BPW) have teamed up with Basel Stadt’s Equal Opportunities Commission (Gleichstellungskommission) to raise awareness with two different activities on Friday February 24th and one event on Thursday February 23rd:
- Red Bags in front of Red City Hall: Friday Feb. 24th at 12:15pm a picture will be taken of all the women carrying the red bag (symbolic of the loss in wages) to show support for change. Register here or here (Meetup) to secure a red bag for yourself and friends!
- Unhappy Hour: Friday Feb. 24th at lunchtime select restaurants will offer women a 15% discount on lunch or a free drink as a consolation for the loss in wages. If you know a restaurant owner who might be interested in showing solidarity with this cause, contact Sabine Schmelzer at President@bpw-basel-anglo.ch
- Gender Gap in Pensions Lecture (in German): Feb. 23rd 7pm – 9:30pm
- Speakers: Leila Straumann and Rahel Zimmermann of the Department for Gender Equality of Women and Men in Basel Stadt
- Location: University, Petersgraben 51
Be a part of the solution: join the events and show your support for equal pay for women!